Saturday, November 30, 2013

'Tis the season….

….for awareness!

That's right folks, it's that time of year again.  Time to start raising awareness and money to help end violence against women.

Some of you might already know that I'm very involved with the Vagina Monologues at my university.  What's that, you ask?  It's a play written by and about women that we perform every year to raise money for V-Day, an organization committed to ending violence worldwide.  This will be my third year performing in the Monologues, and I think it'll be the best year yet.  Here are some of my favorite moments from the last two years:

2012. Dawn Schillinger and myself. V for Vagina! 
2013. Red Lipstick.  Photo credit: Kelsey Kupferer.

In my Zumba classes, I like to spread the word about V-Day by doing this dance in class.  It's called "Break The Chain."



The Mizzou performance of the Vagina Monologues will be on February 15 in Jesse Auditorium.  V there!



No comments:

Post a Comment