Sunday, March 17, 2013

Looking Fabulous

Today I'm going to talk about looking fabulous for your workout.

For me, what I wear is surprisingly important to how effective my workout is.  If I go to the gym looking like a slob, I'll probably feel like a slob too.  So I always try to look my best.  

Now, I'm not saying that you need to be totally decked out in Nike and Lululemon to get a good workout.  I'm not saying that at all.  Here are my two main tips for picking your best workout outfit: 

1. You should be comfortable in whatever you're wearing.  Make sure your clothes aren't too tight or low cut.  You don't want to be constantly fiddling with your clothes.  Remember, you came to the gym to exercise, not to mess with your outfit.    

2. You should also feel confident.  Let's be honest, shorts and spandex can make us nervous about how we look.  Pick something you think you look good in.  When you feel confident about how you look, you can focus on your workout instead of being self-conscious.  

If you're into Zumba, I highly suggest checking out Zumbawear, which is the official line of Zumba clothing.  It's super colorful and fun to mix and match.  Personally, I prefer to wear all black because black doesn't show sweat as much as color.

In the end, it's up to you!  Pick an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident, and then head to the gym. 

And keep dancing! 
       


No comments:

Post a Comment